Privacy & Cookies Policy of Caterhire Catering Ltd (May-2018)
We at Caterhire Catering Ltd (“Caterhire”) know you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact or use our website(s), any related events, trade shows, sales or marketing, and/or if you use any of our products, services (collectively the “Services”) in any manner.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and General Data Protection Regulation as of May 25th, 2018, the data controller is Hireall Catering Ltd whose registered office is at 36 Spruce Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Park, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
The role of Data Protection office is fulfilled by the directors of the company and can be contacted via the following email address: GDPR@Hireall.ie
What information do we collect?
Depending on the way in which you use our website or contact us to engage with our services, we may collect and process some or all of the following personal data from you:
When you use our Websites: We may collect any Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide to us, for example, on our online form. If you contact us through the Websites, we will keep a record of our correspondence.
When you use our Services: We receive and store information you provide directly to us. For example, when you place an order with us we collect Personal Information. The types of information we may collect directly from our customers include: names, email addresses, postal & Delivery addresses, phone numbers, job titles, transactional information (including Services purchased), financial information (where we may need to carry out credit checks) as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide to us or upload to our systems in connection with the Services.
How do we use the information?
Websites: We will use the information we collect via our Websites:
- To administer our Website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Analyse customers’ use of the Websites for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
Services: We may use the information we collect from our customers and their users in connection with the Services we provide for a range of reasons, including but not limited to:
- To set up a user account;
- Provide, operate and maintain the Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- Manage our customers’ use of the Services, respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- Send technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities; and
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
- We may also use the information you send to us via the Websites and/or Services, to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “Your Rights” section below).
Other than data we need to retain for legal purposes such as transaction history, Personal information processed/kept for any purpose will not be kept longer than is necessary for that purpose.
How do we share and disclose information to third parties?
We do not share your personal information with anyone except as set out herein:
- Vendors, consultants and other service providers: We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) our logistics and courier companies, payment processing providers (e.g., Worldpay), website analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), product feedback or help desk software providers (e.g. ZenDesk), CRM service providers, email service providers (e.g., Mailchimp) and others. If Caterhire Catering Ltd has received your Personal Information in the EU and subsequently transfers that information to a third-party agent or service provider for processing, Caterhire Catering Ltd shall remain responsible for ensuring that such third-party agent or service provider processes your Personal Information to the standard required by our GDPR commitments. Unless we tell you differently and you consent, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Caterhire Catering Ltd Group Companies: We may also share your personal data with our parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliates for purposes consistent with this policy.
- Protection of Caterhire Catering Ltd and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our agreements with you and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Caterhire Catering Ltd, our employees, our users, or others.
- Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We take all due care to protect your privacy; however no company or service can guarantee complete security on any data transmitted over the internet. Any unauthorised access or unlawful collection of electronic traffic by third parties; software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing communications from us at any time, by using the unsubscribe link in the emails communications we send.
If you have any account for our Services, we will still send you non-promotional communications, like service related emails.
What are my rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Right to be forgotten – if you ask us, we will erase all data we hold;
- Right of access – you have the right to request all of your personal data we have. You can do this by sending us an email to GDPR@Hireall.ie
- Right to object – you have the right to object and be removed from any direct marketing emails.
Further information on GDPR and about your rights can be found on the Data Protection Commissioner website www.gdprandyou.ie
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at GDPR@Hireall.ie
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to GDPR@Hireall.ie and we will try to resolve your concerns.